Sheriff Jason Bridges
Duties & Responsibilities of the COUNTY SHERIFF from the Texas Association of Counties.
Long respected as the county’s top lawman, the sheriff has a range of duties that include criminal investigations, traffic enforcement, operation of the jail and other responsibilities.
Duties of the sheriff include:
- Providing security for the operation of county and district courts
- Enforcing traffic laws other county ordinances and other state laws
- Service of process
- Conducting sales of seized and unclaimed properties
- Accepting bail for prisoners in his custody
- Taking charge of and responsibility for the county jail and inmates
Sheriff's Office Job Opportunities
Visit VINELink.com to check the custody status of your Offender.
Visit MissingKids.com for information on missing children.