Duties & Responsibilities of the COUNTY SHERIFF from the Texas Association of Counties.
Long respected as the county’s top lawman, the sheriff has a range of duties that include criminal investigations, traffic enforcement, operation of the jail and other responsibilities.
Duties of the sheriff include:
- Providing security for the operation of county and district courts
- Enforcing traffic laws other county ordinances and other state laws
- Service of process
- Conducting sales of seized and unclaimed properties
- Accepting bail for prisoners in his custody
- Taking charge of and responsibility for the county jail and inmates
Visit VINELink.com to check the custody status of your Offender.
Visit MissingKids.com for information on missing children.